Monday, October 25, 2010

Features: Vic Banker




Meet jewelry making guru, Vic Banker.  Born and raised in New Jersey, Vic turned a series of rather challenging personal events into a very positive situation.  From never meeting his father, losing his mother at a young age and taking care of his grandmother with Alzheimer's, Vic is a great example of how to go against the odds and still come out as a clear winner.  Harvey Champagne and I, LOVE his necklaces and bracelets!  When we looked at his pieces, we knew we had to get him as a feature!

With much excitement, Street Walkers NYC presents our feature on Vic Banker:

SWNYC: How long have you been designing accessories?

VB: I've been designing jewelry for 3 years now, I'm self taught and have met my business partner Roger Zapke about 1 year ago.  He served as art director for Forbes magazine for 20 years then went onto jewelry making for 15 years. We have since met and formed our very own company- RockVictorious LLC

SWNYC:  When did you decide to turn this into a career?

VB: I decided to turn this into a career about a month or so after me toying and playing around with jewelry for the 1st time.  At that moment it hit me, I have found my talent!! It was an Amazing feeling!!

SWNYC:  What I love about your pieces, is that they are extremely wearable, but they still stand out.  How is the creating process for you? Like what inspires you to create each piece?

VB: We want the jewelry to stand out just as much as how everyday wearable it actually is.  I cant tell you how I get my ideas, I'm an artist, and a true artist cant explain such a thing. All I know is I pick up a pair of pliers and my mind takes over, my hands simply do the labor.

SWNYC:  Who are your clients and do you ever design with them in mind?

VB: Our clients range from all different ages. My partner and I were astonished months ago when an elderly women put on one of our designs and immediately fell in love with it, we were under the vague impression that only hip and trendy people or as I like to call them Trend Hipsters , would like them.  We have fooled ourselves you see.  We have gifted a piece to Kelly Rowland, She loved it!! 

SWNYC:  Can your pieces be purchased anywhere, and if so, where?

VB: Our pieces can be purchased online @  www.Rockvictorious.com, We are currently working with a band of Unique boutiques here in NYC, Miami, and London, and will have exclusive lines carried in the not so distant future. All info will be posted on our press page via RockVictorious.com.  We also donate jewelry to good cause foundations such as the Anti violence awards ceremony and Broadway in South Africa charity event.

SWNYC:  Many artists seem to always have their hands in many different things, so other then RockVictorious, is there anything else that you do or are involved in?

VB: I currently dance at Providence and Rockit for Tony Fornabiao and Brandon Voss's parties.

SWNYC:  Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?

VB: In the next 5 years I can see RockVictorious as a complete style as we have plans in the works for clothing and leathers as well as Artwork for those not so trendy. There is even a cookbook that will be avail. soon! 

SWNYC:  Whats your favorite place in NYC?

VB: My favorite place in NYC is the Central Park, I love the city don't get me wrong, but I almost feel as though I'm in a different part of the world when I'm there. So peaceful.




For more on Vic Banker and RockVictorious, check out these links:
www.rockvictorious.com


www.facebook.com/rockvictoriousjewelry











No comments:

Post a Comment