Friday, November 5, 2010

Features: Stevie Boi


I met Stevie Boi during a live airing of The Joy Daily Show.  We were both being interviewed and I was very impressed with his presence.  He was wearing some great couture but was very approachable and super knowledgeable.  I have to say that the interview you are about to read may come off a little misleading.  Although his answers are concise and accurate, Stevie is definitely a site for sore eyes, and is much easier to connect with in person.  Often times, people come off as the opposite, but Stevie is the real deal.  If we ever decide to do more video-type interviews, we will definitely make sure to hit up Stevie again.  Here is Stevie:

SWNYC: I have to say that listening to you describe your upbringing on the Joy Daily Show, made you much more intriguing. Can you briefly share your upbringing?
 SB: Of course! I was born in Augusta GA but raised mostly overseas due to my parents being in the military. I loved living their because I was able to express my self as well as learn about new cultures etc.

SWNYC: How did you get into designing glasses, and was this something you have always wanted to do?
SB: I always loved eye wear! reasons follows because I love to cover my eyes in any way, shape or form. I decided I wanted to create pieces that will also catch attention but hide your soul ( it got deep)

SWNYC: I am very familiar with your work, but for people who may not know you, where might they have seen your pieces and not known it?SB: TV shows, Movies, Commercials, and defensibly Music videos.

SWNYC: Off the top of your head, who has worn your pieces?SB: Trina, Michelle Rodriquez , Gaga, Kelly Price, Lola Monroe.

SWNYC: How long have you been making glasses?SB: Publicly for 1 year.

SWNYC: Looking back, how do you feel about your amazing progress? SB: It couldn't be better, but I did definitely create a lifestyle! when I started i said "if I do not have a lambo before 21 I will loose my "mind"! I just turned 21 in June (28th) and I am almost their I feel just need to keep focus etc.



SWNYC: Besides glasses, you also have other things in the works. I know you mentioned something about a corset and a luxury line. Can you elaborate on that and anything else you have in the works?

SB: Yes currently I do have a corset line as-well as working on a luxury line. I feel the this is a trend that everyone can appreciate! but its time to grow.

SWNYC: In the next 5 years, where do you see the Stevie Boi empire?SB: Definitely showcasing in MBFW every season with much support from those who are here supporting me now, and a healthy database of customers and sponsors.

SWNYC: What is your favorite place in NYC?

SB: Hmm I would have to say downtown Manhattan, Times Square, Carnival night club and hmmmmm anywhere I can shop! :)

 









No comments:

Post a Comment